Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

As a designer I'm pretty sure I was suppose to come up with some fabulous tablescape for my family's Thanksgiving dinner. But, I didn't. Along with catching up on some much needed paper work and bookkeeping, here are some other things I've been doing instead.

*Yesterday I was emailed a one day only 50% off coupon for Borders. I headed over to put it to good use and picked up Allegra Hicks: An Eye for Design. I decided on that book over some others because it's just as much about the inspiration behind her designs as it is about the actual designs. What inspires artists and designers fascinates me, not to mention the photos in the book are completely stunning.


*I also started a book club with my best friends from high school. There are about 6 of us that still keep in touch and see each other on a fairly regular basis. I feel really fortunate to have such life long friends and we thought a book club would be another fun way to stay connected (and cultured). Since we don't all live by each other, we're going viral and book clubbing through a blog. We're starting with Jane Eyre. So far so good. Anyone is welcome to join and read along, go here.


*Before we ate mom's amazing Turkey dinner, my sister Melissa headed up fall cookie decorating. She's really mastered the art of professional looking frosted cookies and it was a fun family bonding activity.


*Between my sisters and me there is always a lot of online shopping that goes on during holidays at my parent's house. We found these adorable bags by Rachel Novak.


*And this New Zealand company, Ruby Boutique.


*And I also came across Need Supply Co. I love so many things about their clothes.


*I had not one, not two, but three pieces of my mom's apple pie. My brother and I both decided that it was her best pie to date.

*I caught parts of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, the National Dog Show, and the Punkin' Chunkin' competition on TV.

1 comment:

  1. I want that Allegra Hicks book. One look at the cover and I had added it to my Amazon wish list. Great Idea on the coupon - need to print my Borders on out and start using it for coffee table books.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...