Monday, August 17, 2009

Warming Up to Earth Tones

There are so many things I love about my job, but one of my favorites is working with different clients and meshing their design style with my own. As fun as it would be to design and decorate for myself all day everyday, I don't think I would grow very much as a designer that way. My clients' own personal taste and style encourages me to try new things, and many times in the process, I end up loving something that I never gave much thought to beforehand.

I've been working with my client Lynn for a few months now and she has really fabulous taste. She loves reds and browns and rich earth tones...something I've never been naturally drawn to ( I tend to gravitate toward brighter colors and lighter color palettes). I have loved working with her because she has become such a good friend, but also because through her project I developed a love of rich, dark earth tones with punches of red. Here are some things we started with and I hope to show photos of the finished product very soon.




I'm not the best renderer, but even quick sketches with a little bit of color help clients visualize their future space.

Our fabric and wall covering palette. We covered the entire living room and entry with a textured copper/bronze paper. It added a ton of visual interest to the space and when you use wall covering, it doesn't make you feel like you need to cover every inch of empty space with artwork, especially in a room with high ceilings.

She has a vaulted ceiling in her living room, perfect to hang this metal beaded chandelier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...