Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Best Friend's Wedding

The highlight of my summer was my sister's wedding. As previously mentioned I dubbed myself wedding planner and I loved every minute of helping my sister plan. I tried to be there for every step of the planning process...cake design, table design, favor design, floral design, dress design, ottoman design, reception layout, and of course, food tasting and selection. It was a bit difficult participating in all of the wedding hoopla (greeting guests, rehearsal dinner, etc.) and also making sure everything was perfect for the big day, but I had the time of my life and wouldn't have changed a thing, and hopefully my sister feels the same way.

Knowing that doing all of the flowers the day before the wedding would be a big undertaking, Melissa (the bride) kept checking with me to make sure that I didn't want her to hire a florist to do the flowers. Biting off more than I can chew is my specialty, so hiring a different florist was out of the question. As always, I couldn't have done it without the help of my dad, and this time my brothers even stepped in (thanks boys!). 6 bouquets, 18 centerpieces, 6 ottomans, and 160 favors later...here are some photos of Mel and Brian's happy day. Congrats guys!
Most of the photos are by the super talented Mike Cunningham of the Digital Orange, see all of his photos here.

Mel and Brian at the head table.

I love my sisters.

Cake designed to match the wedding announcement.


Gift boxes. Cute paper for a reasonable price in the right color and style is hard to find. So we used wallpaper.



Table setting.

My growing family.

Happy marriage sister!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Wedding! Way to go girl! Hope all is well. Brittany H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was lovely! You did a FANTASTIC job Brit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very perfect wedding just for the couple. I love the color so much since it is also my fav color. That yellow color is so soothing to the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Color yellow is very nice to see during wedding. I love the motif of the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a beautiful wedding. Yellow is so fresh and fun.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...